BioGRID ORCS News
BioGRID 3.1 - Now Live
The BioGRID was updated today to our newest release designated BioGRID 3.1. This update includes several bug fixes and user interface improvements as well as some new features. The following is a short list of some of the changes:
- Search by Pubmed ID. Our new search allows you to find publications by searching for Pubmed ids. Simply click on the “By Publication” tab to the right of our search and enter in one or more Pubmed IDs. For more details on how our Pubmed ID search works, visit our wiki…
- Search Publications by Full Text. Our new search allows you to find publications by searching Titles, Abstracts, Authors, and MeshTerms by full text phrases. Simply click on the “By Publication” tab to the right of our search and enter in one or more terms. For more details on how our Full Text search works, visit our wiki…
- Interactions Displayed on Publication Pages. Interactions from a publication can now be viewed on the BioGRID publication page for the corresponding publication (view an example). This gives you the option to download and view interactions that were extracted for a given publication rather than looking up individual proteins.
- Search engine improvements. We’ve made several search engine emhancements to make it easier to find BioGRID interaction data via sites like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Compatibility improvements for download files. We’ve also fixed a couple of minor issues with our PSI-MI 2.5 download files improving our standards compatibility.
- Updated Wiki Documentation. We’ve updated several pages in our Wiki to provide updated documentation (such as how to use our a new publication searches).
These are just some of the many improvements now available in BioGRID 3.1. We have many additional features already under development for version 3.2 that will expand on this functionality and ensure the BioGRID remains a useful resource for the biological community. If you have any questions about this build or suggestions for future builds, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 1st, 2010 - 02:15 AM